As a senior executive, you define the safety culture of your organisation – from managing risk and complying with Health and Safety Executive (HSE) regulations to keeping your staff safe. With companies facing stiffer penalties for safety breaches (more frequently hitting £500,000 to £1 million), directors can be placed firmly in the firing line. The stats are nothing short of sobering.
In 2016/17, 137 workers were killed in work-related accidents. Another 609,000 were injured.
Around 1.3 million workers suffer job-driven ill health, with almost 13,000 deaths each year associated with chemical and dust exposure.
Poor health and safety standards cost UK industry around £14.9 billion every year.*
Prove you’re serious about safety with this one-day course
Because the buck stops with the Board, IOSH training specialists Three Spires Safety in conjunction with Southalls are delivering this highly-interactive accredited IOSH training course that drives safety excellence at senior level, helping you tackle critical compliance questions:
- How would you define your ’safety culture’? How is this being reflected with your workforce?
- How well equipped is your organisation to deal with a serious accident or fatality at work?
- How aware are you of your organisation’s responsibilities towards its staff, the public and any contactors you might use?
- Do you know and appreciate what H&S arrangements your organisation has in place to help it manage H&S risks?
- How well does your organisation meet the HSE’s expectations on the Board’s/directors’ responsibilities?
Course outline and certification
Tailored to directors, VPs, executives and senior managers, the full-day session covers business-changing basis such as:
- Fundamental principles of health and safety – moral, financial and legal.
- Concept of safety management – using the Plan/Do/Check/Act model.
- Importance of health and safety strategy, plans and objectives.
- Management of occupational risk – risk profiling.
- The legal framework—criminal and civil, corporate manslaughter, corporate and personal liabilities.
- Enforcement arrangements.
- Safety leadership – key actions a senior manager can take.
- Reviewing your health and safety performance and risk management arrangements.
Delegates will receive a comprehensive training pack and a copy of the HSE’s ‘Leading Safely’ document. Following the course, attendees who achieve a mark of 65% or higher on an IOSH-approved assessment are awarded an IOSH ‘Safety for Executives & Directors’ Certificate.
Reserve your place now
To reserve your place on the IOSH Safety for Executives & Directors course, presented by Three Spires in conjunction with Southalls, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Venue: Cranmore Ave, Shirley, Solihull B90 4LE
Date: Friday 15 June. Start 9.30am
Cost: £229 + VAT, including refreshments, lunch and course certificate.
We look forward to welcoming you.
*Statistics from www.hse.gov.uk