No business is free of workplace fire risks – and every employee has a part to play in prevention. We’ll help you shape a site-specific fire safety plan and provide the team training to head off hazards before they cause harm.
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 makes business owners, and those responsible for business premises, ultimately accountable for conducting a fire risk assessment (FRA) and making safe their places of work.
You need to appoint a ‘competent person’ to help if you don’t have the expertise or time to do the assessment yourself. Southalls’ consultants are qualified and experienced in carrying out fire risk assessments across a variety of industries.
As part of our fire risk assessment service, we’ll visit your site to take an expert view of your current fire safety measures, determining how well you’re protecting your people and property before, during and after a fire emergency. The detailed analysis will cover:
- Emergency routes and exits
- Fire detection and warning systems
- Firefighting equipment
- Safe storage of dangerous substances
- An emergency fire evacuation plan
- The needs of vulnerable people, including the elderly, young children or those with disabilities
- Safety information for employees and other people on the premises
- Staff fire safety training
We’ll then produce an itemised fire risk assessment document, conforming to the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. This will include:
- A summary of your immediate workplace fire hazards
- A rundown of your fire safety responsibilities, including tips on effective fire drills
- Best practice recommendations on reducing risk across your premises
- Maintenance programme advice, covering alarms, wiring systems, lighting and fire extinguishers
- A detailed emergency plan, tailored to your sector and site
A professional fire risk assessment provides peace of mind and practical pointers to keep your business safe and compliant.
Get in touch with a Southalls consultant to learn more or schedule an appointment.